January Computer Classes at the Library
The Boyle County Public Library offers free computer classes every month. The computer classes to be held at the Library in January 2016 include:
• Computer Basics on Thursday, January 7th at 11:45 am
This class covers the basic elements of the Windows PC operating system, including using a mouse and keyboard; highlighting, copying, and pasting text; common menus, toolbars, and shortcuts; and an overview of software and storage media.
• Internet Basics on Thursday, January 7th at 4:00 pm
This class provides a basic introduction to the internet. Class includes getting online with web addresses; an understanding of basic terminology; and using search engines to find information and websites.
• iPad & iPhone on Tuesday, January 12th at 2:00 pm
Bring your iPad or iPhone to class to learn the basics or for some new tips. This class is also appropriate for those considering purchasing one of these devices.
• eBooks: Overdrive Online Library on Wednesday, January 13th at 11:00 am
Learn how to check out and download thousands of eBooks and Audio Books from the Library's collection for free. Bring your eReader device and library card with you for check out.
• Resume Writing Workshop on Wednesday, January 20th at 2:00 pm
Learn how to create or update a basic, well-written resume.
• Job Seeking Workshop on Thursday, January 21st at 11:45 am
This class provided an overview of some of the resources available to job seekers. (Computer and Internet Basics recommended.)
• Facebook (2-hour workshop) on Monday, January 25th at 11:00 am
Facebook is a popular social networking site that allows you to connect with others. Learn how to upload pictures; update your status; set your privacy and account settings; and search for family and friends. (Basic computer and internet skills recommended.)
• Android Tablets & Smartphones on Tuesday, January 26th at 11:00 am
This class will cover a basic introduction to tablets and smartphones with the Android operating system. Topics covered will include touch gestures, settings menus, and how to download apps. Feel free to bring your own device for the best experience.
Those interested in attending any of the computer classes may register online or by calling the Library.