As a service to our patrons during the shutdown, Curbside Pickup is available Tuesday through Friday.
Orders can be placed between 10:00 am-2:00 pm on any day curbside pickup is offered. Most items will be available for same-day pickup between 2:00-5:00 pm.
For the safety of staff and patrons, curbside pickup will be a no-contact service.
Here's how it works:
- 10 items per household per pickup
- Household/family requests on one card, please
- We will ask for the name of the person picking up the requested items
- You may request specific items (as materials are available) or ask for library recommendations (you get what you get)
- Staff will place bagged items on a table outside the building to be picked up
- Depending on the number of order requests being processed, you may receive additional pickup instructions when your order is confirmed.
Requests may be submitted Tuesday-Friday from 10 am-2 pm in the following ways:
- by phone: 859-238-7323
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests will receive a direct follow-up from a staff person; please list your contact information in your request.
Requests should include the following information:
- Patron Name
- Library card number
- Specific items or genre recommendations (up to 10 items).
** Specific books must include title and author **
- Name of person picking up items
- Additional information may be requested during the staff follow-up.
- Staff will contact you with a pick-up time
*NOTE: Availability of curbside pickup is subject to change.*
Outdoor Book Drop
To coincide with the resumption of Curbside Pickup, the outdoor book drop located at the library will now be open 24-hours a day, seven days a week for patrons to return any borrowed materials. (NOTE: The book drop will be closed on holidays.)
At this time, returns will only be accepted via the outdoor book drop. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72-hours and will be handled according to CDC guidelines before being checked in.
No late fees are currently being assessed, however patrons are encouraged to return any overdue materials as soon as they are able so the items can be processed and put back into circulation. Previously assessed overdue fines have been waived.