The Boyle County Public Library offers free computer classes every month. The computer classes to be held at the Library in February include:
• Windows 10 on Thursday, February 4th at 1:00 pm
An introduction to the new Windows 10 operating system. This class provides an overview of some of the changes in the start menu, pinning apps, and Edge internet browser. (Computer Basics recommended.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Word on Tuesday, February 9th at 11:00 am
This class covers basic word processing using MS Word, including using the ribbon; creating, saving, and printing documents; copying and pasting text; formatting lists; and checking spelling and grammar. (Computer Basics recommended.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Excel on Tuesday, February 9th at 2:00 pm
This class covers the basic functions of Excel, the spreadsheet, including screen and worksheet elements; copying and pasting; auto-fill; and using mathematical formulas and functions. (Intro. to Microsoft Word recommended.)
• Online Library Resources on Wednesday, February 10th at 11:00 am
A brief introduction to the online resources available to library patrons. It includes how to sign into your library account on the library website, how to use our catalog via the internet, and online databases & subscriptions free to library users. (A library card and a basic familiarity with the internet is helpful, but not required.)
• iPad & iPhone on Wednesday, February 17th at 3:00 pm
Bring your iPad or iPhone to class to learn the basics or for some new tips. This class is also appropriate for those considering purchasing one of these devices.
• Internet Basics on Tuesday, February 23rd at 4:00 pm
This class provides a basic introduction to the internet. Class includes getting online with web addresses; an understanding of basic terminology; and using search engines to find information and websites.
• Email Basics on Wednesday, February 24th at 11:00 am
This class will provide new computer users with some basic skills to set up and use an email account, including sending email and adding attachments. (Internet Basics recommended.)
• Resume Writing Workshop on Wednesday, February 24th at 2:00 pm
Learn how to create or update a basic, well-written resume.
Those interested in attending any of the computer classes may register online or by calling the Library at 859.238.7323.
Read More »