The Kentucky Room has some of the genealogical information on many of the surrounding counties; including Lincoln and Mercer Counties which in 1842 portions were used to form Boyle County. Genealogical data for those counties prior to 1842 should be sought in either of those “mother” counties, although, the Boyle County Public Library does possess some materials that can be helpful in research of “pre-Boyle County” days.
The Library boasts the following collections on microfilm:
- Federal Census for Boyle County 1850-1930 (Except 1890, which is not available)
- Federal Census for Lincoln County 1810-1840
- Federal Census for Mercer County 1820-1850 and 1880
- Federal Census for Washington County 1880
- Boyle County Tax List 1849-1876 and 1880-1892
- Boyle County Court Orders 1800-1801 and 1842-1868
- Boyle County Index to Wills 1842-1921
- Various microfilm for Deeds, Manuscripts, Vital Statistics, Court Orders as well as some Birth, Marriage, and Death records.
- City of Danville Interment Registers for Bellevue Cemetery 1859-1988 and Hilldale Cemetery 1966-1988.
- County Road Order Book 1872-1906
Copies of manuscript or microfilm are 10 cents each.
The following are provided in manuscript form:
- Boyle County Census of 1850
- Kentucky Census 1790, 1795, and 1800
- Kentucky Census Index 1810-1850
The Kentucky Room has a collection of Kentucky files with information about the state and Boyle County in particular.
The library also has various historical, geological surveys and topographical maps for the local area, as well as a variety of national and international atlases.
Please check our online card catalog on the homepage for any specific materials you wish to locate by author, title, subject, or keyword.
Basic genealogical or reference questions may be addressed to:
Boyle County Public Library
307 West Broadway
Danville, KY 40422